- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 10 oil-cured black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick slices of peasant bread, toasted
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the garlic, basil, olives, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Let stand until juicy, about 15 minutes.
- Mound the tomato mixture on the toasts, top with the slices of prosciutto and serve.